Sunday, May 27, 2012

Songs & Lyrics

This is one of my favourite songs recently...
The lyrics and melody suit me just right...
I sometimes wonder...
Will I die so beautifully?

Songs are entertaining and most of the times, they bring along the feelings of many people. I love lyrics in many songs, no matter what kind of language they are written in, as long as I can understand the meanings. In a language classroom, I think a teacher should allow the students to write lyrics of their own. The teacher could choose songs which are slow in pace, then, asks the students to change the lyrics using their own words. This is a way to promote the creativity of students in writing. I believe that the students are capable to produce many amazing lyrics than what the teacher had expected. The teacher then allows the students to share their works with their peers by singing the lyrics out. I had tried this once with a group of Year 6 students in the classroom and the feedback was great. I think language teachers should try this out.

1 comment:

DGSC said...

Kiddo likes fastest pace in learning!